About ECIA NSW
we are organized
- Board of Management
- Advisory Council
we are funded
ECIA NSW aims to help young children with disabilities and their families be part of their community by:
- providing information about early childhood intervention (ECI) to families, professionals and the community
- fostering the understanding and development of best practices in ECI
- improving access to quality, comprehensive ECI services
- raising awareness of the importance of ECI
- providing leadership and support to those in the field of early childhood intervention
- evaluating and commenting on social policy and strategic directions that affect ECI
- advocating for the rights of children with disabilities and their families
Back to Top
How we are organized
ECIA NSW is a volunteer-run association, with support provided by a part-time Executive Officer and a part-time Administrative Officer.
It encourages active member participation on all its committees, working parties, and as Association representatives.
Activities are managed by a
- Board of Management. Membership comprises the elected executive positions of President, Vice-President, Treasurer & Secretary and up to 5 elected non-executive members, each of whom chairs an ECIA NSW sub-committee. There is also provision for up to 2 co-opted positions, as required.
Elections take place annually, with Executive positions having a maximum term of 3 years. A list of office bearers, Board of Management, Advisory Council & sub-committee members is included in the Members' magazine, Early Edition, and all can be contacted by letter, phone, fax and e-mail, through the ECIA NSW Office.
For more details of how ECIA NSW is organised, please download our current Governance Manual.
Back to Top
Board of Management
- includes a strong representation of the membership, professionally and geographically.
- meets 6 times a year (face-to-face and by teleconference).
- performs a wide range of administrative and decision-making functions on all matters of interest to the Association. Much of this involves considering issues and recommendations presented by Sub-committees, Working Parties and the Advisory Council.
For an overview of the structure and functions of the Board, please download the Role of the ECIA NSW Board of Management fact sheet. There are also individual fact sheets relating to the specific responsibilities of each of the executive positions: President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary.
Back to Top
- acts as a representative group to report and comment on key issues within the ECI & ECEC sectors.
- complements the composition of the Board professionally, geographically and in individual specialist knowledge.
- meets 3-4 times a year with the Board of Management (face-to-face and by teleconference).
For an overview of the structure and functions of the Advisory Council, please download the Roles and Responsibilities of the ECIA NSW Advisory Council fact sheet.
Back to Top
Current groups include those focussing on:
- Education and Training
- Membership and Public Relations
- Public Policy and Advocacy
For an overview of each of these sub-committees, and an outline of the responsibilities of their chairs & other members, please download the Roles and Responsibilities of the ECIA NSW Sub-committees fact sheet. If you would like to join one of the sub-committees, please send your Expression of Interest to the ECIA NSW Office (using the ECIA NSW Sub-committee EOI form).